Brother Printer Setup Wizard – Possessing a Brother Printer for the first time may cause you feel confused when it comes to process its setup.
However, you can always find a way to make it easier through the online guidelines provided by Brother official website.
To help you cut the time for browsing and lead to the direct steps to follow, here is the Brother printer setup wizard guideline you can have a look and follow the steps carefully.
Read the steps completely and don’t miss any single step described in the guideless as follows.
Brother Printer Setup Wizard Guidelines
Particularly, there are 14 steps to carefully follow in order to process the Brother printer through the setup wizard. One thing to keep in mind is the availability of strong internet access. Here there are:
1. Get your Brother CD and insert it to your computer. Select your Brother machine name and select your language.
If the Brother screen doesn’t automatically display, head to “My Computer” and double-click the CD icon. Later, double-click “Start.exe”.
Optionally, you can also download the “Full Driver and Software Package” by visiting http://www.brother-usa.com.
2. The second step is to click “Install MFL-Pro Suite”.
3. If you are displayed a License Agreement, click “Yes” if you are agree to the terms required.
4. Select “Wireless Network Connection” and press “Next”.
5. Choose “Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection with the installation” and press “Next”.
6. Follow the instructions according to the configuration method you want to use.
If you use wireless connection for your computer, an Installation Confirmation screen will appear. Follow the instructions to “Configure using the computer’s wireless connection”.
However, if your computer is not wireless, follow the steps sent to you to “Configure Using a Temporary USB Cable Connection.”
7. There will be a list viewed on your screen. Select your machine from the list and press “Next”.
If your Brother machine is not in the list, check for the connection whether your computer is connected to the same network as your Brother device. Later, press “Refresh”.
If you cannot find your Brother machine yet, cycle the power to the router for approximately 15 seconds. This is aimed to reestablish the communication. When the router restarts, wait for one minute and press “Refresh”.
8. The step 8 of Brother printer setup wizard is that the installation of your Brother device will continue automatically. If a Window Security Screen appears, click “Install” you see in the check box.
9. If there is received any Environmental Advice for Imaging Equipment screen, press “Next”.
10. The On-Line Registration screen is displayed to allow you to select and follow the steps. Press “Next”.
11. Once the Setup Complete window appears, you are allows to either enable or disable the settings below and click “Next”.
- Enable the Status Monitor on the Startup. This is a software tool to help monitor the device status and error messages from your computer.
- Enable the Network Connection repair Tool. This is the software to help check for the network problems and provide automatic correction.
- Set as Default Printer especially for the current user.
12. When you are displayed a “Setup Complete” window, enable or disable any of the settings below:
- OmniJoin: this is an Online Meetings facilitated by Brother. You can surely learn more about it by taking a free web conferencing trial.
- Brother Product Research and Support Program. This is a program to help plan the enhancements to Brother products.
13. Choose “Yes, I want to restart my computer now” option and then press OK.
14. When your computer restarts, the screen will display messages below:
- Select the software update setting you want and press OK if the Software Update Setting screen appears on your screen.
- If your Brother machine starts up by “Brother Product Research and Support Program, follow the on-screen step-by-step if you would like to participate.
- If a message “OmniJoin meetings” trial window appears, you are allowed to click it and learn more through the free trial.
- There will probably be an option along with a link to the Brother Help site at which you can find answers to the frequently asked questions.
Finally your Brother printer setup wizard is completed.