Don’t be discouraged if you have to deal with Epson Artisan 1430 WiFi setup. Just because the printer is discontinued, it doesn’t mean that the steps or methods to manage the setup would go away just like that.
If you do have one of the printers, and you want to know how to deal with the WiFi setup (and management), then read on. There are several things you need to know for the methods and the requirements.
Managing (Wireless) Connection
There are actually two connection options: the wireless connection and with USB connection directly. The previous one is more complicated, while the latter one is simpler and more direct.
The problem with managing wireless connection with this printer’s type is that you are required to install the software on EACH computer that you want to connect to the printer.
The installer may ‘ask’ you to be connected to the printer with a USB cable – for temporary solution. After the printer has been connected to the network, you need to remove the cable.
For this process, you must know the SSID (network name) as well as the password. If you are clueless, it’s highly likely that the person setting up the network knows it.
However, you don’t need to know the SSID and password if you are connected with WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) within your Windows software. For the direct (USB) connection, you only need to have a USB cable and off you go.
The Possible Issues
There are several possible troubleshoot issues that are related to Epson Artisan 1430 WiFi setup. Within each issue, there is a possible solution (or several possible solutions). Find out which one is happening to your device.
1. Unsuccessful Network Setup
- When you connect the printer through the WPS, you need to press the WiFi button (you can find one on the printer) while pressing the router’s WPS button. When you press the WPS button, do it for around 2 minutes, and when you hold the printer’s WiFi button, do it for 3 seconds.
- Try again to connect the access point or router with another device, aside from your printer, to ensure that it works properly
- Resetting your router before trying to do any reconnection again. Turn the router off and on
- Try to print the network status sheet. The signal should be strong and the setting to the network should be correct. Don’t place the printer next to big metal objects (like big filing cabinet), cordless phone with 2.4 GHz, or microwave oven.
- The SSID name (network) should be correct. If the router doesn’t broadcast its name, you can enter the name manually. Make sure that you provide the correct password, including the case
- When you use the TCP/IP, the DHCP option on the network should be enabled
- If you get a message or notification regarding Firewall alert, choose Allow or Unblock so the setup can function
2. Unable to Find Printer
This issue is quite common if you use the USB cable during Epson Artisan 1430 WiFi setup. You need to remove the cable and then reconnect again. If you access the guide, there are images to help you see the proper connection.
3. Printing Issues
Some of the provided solutions for printing issues are:
- The paper size should match to the one instructed on the printer software. If you load too big or too small paper, the printer will automatically refuse to work
- Check the ink. Printing job would stop automatically when the cartridge is expended. You need to replace the cartridge first before resuming printing.
4. Paper Feeding Issue
In another case, it is possible that the way you load or feed the paper will result in the printer not working properly.
If you have turned on the printer and you have ‘commanded’ a printing job, and yet the printer doesn’t seem to start, try to remove all the papers first.
Fan all of the sheets and then reload the paper again. There would be tabs (on the edge) that act as guides. Don’t load paper more than those tabs.
All in all, dealing with WiFi setup shouldn’t be complicated or difficult. If you are clueless or you don’t know what to do next, you can always visit Epson at their official website.
They provide complete and detail information about their printers and the setups, including the Epson Artisan 1430 WiFi setup.
Epson Artisan 1430 Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
- Link Download
- File Size : 66 MB
Epson Artisan 1430 Driver macOS
macOS 10.3, macOS 10.4, macOS 10.5, macOS 10.6, macOS 10.7, macOS 10.8, macOS 10.9, macOS 10.10, macOS 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, macOS 11
- Link Download
- File Size : 54 MB
Epson Artisan 1430 Manual Download
- Epson Artisan 1430 User Guide Download