For those who aren’t used to the situation, getting a notification about Epson error code 0x9a can be confusing.
It can be especially overwhelming for new users who are completely clueless about the whole thing.
About the Error Code
So, what is Epson error code 0x9a all about? Well, it is actually a notification that informs you there is something wrong with the printer.
If you are in the middle of a printing job and the machine just stops working, check the LED display. If you see the message, then you need to fix the issue. It won’t run unless you do something about it.
The most annoying part about this issue is that it typically happens suddenly. There is no notification, warning sign, or anything.
Read more: Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1
Your machine simply stops and refuses to continue printing, and then you see the error message. The main culprit can be software or hardware issue.
It can also be malware that runs havoc on the system. For those who have never experienced such a thing, it can cause greater confusion. But you should know that there are several possible solutions for this error.
Disconnect and Reconnect
This is basically the most basic and also most standard method when printer owners get Epson error code 0x9a.
You can always disconnect and then reconnect the printer again, while removing trapped paper altogether.
- If you have any printing task, cancel it
- Disconnect USB cables (as well as other cables) that are still attached to the printing machine. You should also disconnect the device from your computer. Basically, your printer can’t be connected to anything
- Open the printer up. Remove any jammed paper carefully
- Remove the cartridges and then reinsert them again
- Press Power so the machine can remove or discard any debris still inside the printer
- Connect the printer with the cables again. Connect it to your computer. Load the papers and try printing any document. If it has been resolved, it means that you have tackled the issue.
Turn the Printer off and on
- You should turn the printer off
- Remove all the connected cables
- Leave the printer be for around 2 minutes. Yes, don’t do anything with it
- Press Power button and hold it. Do it for a full minute
- Still pressing the button, try connecting the printer to the power cord altogether. If you can’t do it alone, ask for help.
- After the reconnection, still press the button for another minute. After that, release the button
- Now, connect the printer to the computer. Connect the printer to other cables (that you have previously removed). Try performing a printing job to see whether you have resolved the issue.
Download Windows Printer Troubleshooter
- You need to download the so-called Windows Printer Troubleshooter
- Once you have downloaded and installed the program, execute it. It will automatically detect any issue that exists within the printer
- In most cases, there are some drivers missing. You need to install them. Right click the menu icon Windows and choose Device Manager
- Choose the section Printers
- Locate your printer. Right click it, and then when you see the option to update drivers, choose it.
Clogged Printhead Clean-up
Clogged and dirty printhead is also possible to cause the error code. If it is dirty or clogged, then the only solution is to clean it.
Read more: Epson Error Code 0x97
However, you need to remove the printhead carefully so you won’t cause further issue with hardware damage.
- Turn your printing machine off. Disconnect it from everything, including the computer as well as power source
- Open the case
- Choose a soft, clean, and lint-free cloth. Fold it down so it should fit under the printhead. Before you leave it under the printhead, use liquid (preferably the one containing ammonia) to wet it a bit.
- Place the cloth under the printhead.
- Just leave the cloth for around 12 hours
- Afterwards, air-dry it. Then, place the case again, re-connect the printer to the computer and power source, and turn it on. Try a print task to see how it works now.
This error code may also be connected to manufacturer issue. That’s why you should reach out to Epson directly.
Tell them what your problem is and they should be able to offer professional assistance.
All in all, don’t be discouraged by Epson error code 0x9a as there should be a solution for it.