Knowing how to manage Epson XP-200 WiFi setup would be handy if you want to connect your printer to the network.
Most people don’t really like the idea that they can manage their own wireless setup without professional help or hiring a costly service.
They only need to know the requirements and how they follow the provided steps. If you want to challenge yourself and deal with the setup on your own, then make sure to understand user guide thoroughly and off you go!
Connecting the Printer to the (Wireless) Network
Simply use the provided buttons on the printer’s control panel to manage the connection. However, make sure that the access point or wireless router supports WPS (WiFi Protected Setup).
You should be able to find the logo on the router if it does support the feature. Be advised that WPS may not likely work well with Mac routers (like Airport Extreme).
To manage Epson XP-200 WiFi setup, you should do these things:
- On the router, press WPS button. After that, press the available WiFi button (on the printer) for around 3 seconds.
- Wait for a moment. After one minute, you should be able to see the printer’s (WiFi) connection light turned on.
- That’s it! Your connection is set. To test it out, you can try print out something.
Printing Failure over Network
What should you do when you can’t print over the network? It means that there is something wrong with the Epson XP-200 WiFi setup procedure.
But don’t be discouraged just yet, as you should try these things:
- Check whether your printer is already on
- Check whether you have installed the printer’s network software. If you don’t know what it is, you should check the user guide or product document
- Test the printer by printing a (network) status sheet. Check whether the network settings have been managed correctly. If the status is somewhat Disconnected, then check the cable connections. Try to turn off the printer and then turn it on again for the checking.
- Check whether both your printer and the computer are using the SAME (wireless) network. It may seem silly but in most cases, the owner of the devices doesn’t even aware that their devices aren’t sharing the same network.
- Check the printing speed. If it is slow, try printing out a status sheet. It will show you the signal strength. If the signal turns out to be poor, place your printer closer to the access point or the router.
- In the event that you use the TCP/IP, check whether the IP address has been set properly to the network. If the network somehow doesn’t assign the address through the DHCP, you should manually set it by yourself.
Failure to Find the Printer in Mac OS X
It’s quite common that users can’t find the printer when they want to connect it to their Mac OS. If you try connecting the device to Mac OS, here are the things you should try:
- First, try turning it off and leave it for around 30 seconds. Try turning it on again after then.
- If you connect the printer through EpsonNet Setup and you find out that the light (on the printer) isn’t somewhat solid green, then check the installation properly. If you must, then reinstall the software again
- If you connect the printer through WPS and the light isn’t green solidly, press the button WiFi together with the WPS button. Press the router’s WPS button for around 2 minutes, and during it, press the printer’s WiFi button for only 3 seconds. It should resolve the issue.
Failure to Find the Printer
What if you have followed the steps to connect your printer to the network, and yet the network software isn’t able to find the printer?
- First, access your EpsonNet Setup and make sure that it doesn’t find your printer
- Then, check whether your printer is already on. Has it been connected to the intended network? Access the printer’s control panel to verify the connection
- If it still doesn’t work, try reinstalling the software again. And then run the EpsonNet Setup once more.
Basically, there are several options for your troubleshooting problems.
You can consult the official website if you want to learn more about Epson XP-200 WiFi setup management and procedures.
Epson XP-200 Driver Windows
Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server, Windows Vista
Epson XP-200 Driver macOS
macOS 10.3, macOS 10.4, macOS 10.5, macOS 10.6, macOS 10.7, macOS 10.8, macOS 10.9, macOS 10.10, macOS 10.11, macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.15, macOS 11
- Link Download
- File Size : 78 MB