HP 79 Service Error is one of the troubleshooting reported by most of the clients. This error keeps displaying lately while the warranty is expired.
Generally, this is caused by the corrupted print jobs so that the error message keeps popping up on your screen.
HP 79 Service Error can also occur due to the miscommunication between the computer and the spooler as the firmware is outdated.
So the first thing to deal with this situation is trying the troubleshooting guide that HP shared in the forums and sorting out the printer issue. Well, it is wasting too much time, isn’t it?
Just stay with our article and you will find what to do to fix the error quickly. However, before performing our guides, make sure that you have already had a strong internet access and admin account.
Later, you can choose which of the guides below that best suits you.
In guide 1, there are 5 steps you need to follow in order to get rid of HP 79 Service Error. Follow them carefully without missing any single step.
Read more: HP Printer Error 0x6100004a
1. As the first step, switch off the printer device.
2. Check and delete any print jobs from all the computers that have already access to your network printer.
3. Look at the domain network and check who makes the print jobs by seeing the box stating “See What’s Printing”.
4. Login to any domain network available and try to delete them. Next, add your HP printer’s name in “Devices and Printers”.
Guide 1 is considered sufficient for most errors. But if the 79 service error keeps persisting, proceed to the next following guide.
In guide 2, there are 7 steps to perform to fix 79 service error on your HP printer. So consider following them comprehensively.
1. Turn your HP printer on as the first step.
2. Second, make sure that the printer gets connected to the internet. This way, you should also have Ethernet cable running from the printer machine to the router or modem.
Read more: HP Ink Cartridge Error
3. Press the network icon you can find in the control panel.
4. In the fourth step, you are supposed to check the IP address on your HP printer. If you are viewed “192.168.XXX.XXX”, it means that your device is connected to your home network. On the other hand, you may check this guide if you get something like 169.XXX.XXX.XX
5. Return to the home screen and select “Settings” icon.
6. Select the kinds of update you want to do with your printer device. Check the firmware updates and make sure you get the latest update.
7. Continue the process by selected the update. Later, download and install the update.
After you install the firmware, you must be able to make a print job. The printing job musts be successfully achieved.
This way, you need usually to reboot the device in order that it can fully activate the new updates. Also, make sure that your HP printer’s toner cartridge is full to avoid another printing issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are three main questions that a person usually ask about HP 79 Service Error. Perhaps, you have the same questions so let’s check them out here as follows:
What Is HP Service Error 79?
Service error 79 on HP printers show that the print job is interrupted or the printer’s firmware is outdated and need to be updated.
Read more: HP Printer Paper Jam Error
As a result, the spooler fails to communicate with the printer and is unable to print any documents.
Why Is My Printer Connected But Not Printing?
If your printer is already connected but it fails to print, this could be because of the ink or cartridge issues, jammed paper or faulty USB connection to the printer.
So you need to examine the connection between your printer and your computer.
Why Is My Computer In Error Mode?
If your HP printer experiences error mode, it shows that a problem exists in the printer. This may be due to the faulty hardware or the outdated firmware.
So make sure that your printer is fully connected to the computer and the ink cartridge has enough ink as well as there is no paper jammed in the tray.